Friday, August 24, 2012



24/8/12
My sweet Gunther :)

It's so weird to think that I've almost been here for two months! I can't believe that in a week I'm going to be saying goodbye to all of the wonderful people that I've met here, and this beautiful city that now feels like my own. I know that  I'll be glad to get back home and see all of the people that I have missed so much, but I'm definitely going to miss Angers.




This was the last full week of school (for some reason we end on a Tuesday this term) and it was full of presentations and tests. I had to do a presentation in my oral practice class, and I did a comparison between Angers and Eugene. They're actually more similar than I had thought.
Next Tuesday is the Fête National (big end of term party/talent show), which should be fun, but it's going to officially be the end of everything which is so weird. Last term it was really fun and I was glad that I had another month here when everyone else was saying goodbye. After the fête this time though, it's really going to be the end. That is so weird.
Crêpes with Nutella, and hard cider!
Sweet Paul et Hugo enjoying their crêpes
Jacques, my host dad making Crêpes. You can't really tell
from this picture,but he looks just like Dustin Hoffman!



On a happier note :) last night after dinner, my host parents brought out their mini crêpe maker to make dessert, and we sat around and talked and enjoyed this delicious part of French culture :)
I'm so glad to still have another week to enjoy my friends, my host family, and delicious French food :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! It is so hard to leave a place and a life you have fallen in love with! Thinking of you as you enjoy every moment of your experience. These memories will be with you forever, and the doors to new opportunities living a life abroad are wide open! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! You will definitely need to go back to visit - and soon! You should probably spend a month each year in France, just to keep up your language skills! Maybe you could ask if there are any job openings with the AHA program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, I just read all of your blog posts!! I was behind since reading the first one 2 months ago! It was so fun to read about your amazing adventure -- you are an excellent writer and made it all sound so interesting. What a fantastic experience for you. Life changing! So very cool you got to do this, and that you made the most out of it. You rock.

    ReplyDelete