Thursday, August 16, 2012



16/8/12

I thought it might be interesting to share some pictures of my host family's house. I posted a picture of the front of their house earlier, but here are some pictures of my little bedroom, and their gorgeous backyard. I want to take some pictures of the FOUR dogs that are staying here right now (one actually lives here), but that will have to be for another day.
I also want to mention (particularly for my dad) that yes I go by the square that is in the picture on the homepage of my blog all the time. It's called "La place Saint-Croix" (Cross) and the statue is of  Monseigneur Freppel (Bishop Freppel) who was important in the Catholic church. France is a very Catholic country, and la place Saint-Croix is just down the street from the Cathedral where my group went on our tour of the city, and where my site director, Sue and I went to church last week. 
The building in that picture is called "La maison d'Adam" (Adam's house, like Adam and Eve) or "L'arbre de vie" (tree of life). It was built around 1500, and is an example of what the early houses in Angers looked like.

My room is called "the Yellow Room" (La chambre jaune) and comes complete with yellow towels for the bathroom. When I first got here the bedspread and pillow were yellow too, but they're in the wash now. There is also "the Blue Room" (La chambre bleu) et "the Red room" (La chambre rouge)



My host family is very much into gardening, and their backyard is just gorgeous. This picture doesn't even do it justice. I'll try to get a better picture later. In case you were wondering, to the right is a dartboard that they bought for their sweet grandsons, Hugo et Paul who are living here for a month. They are from the south of France, and are eleven and eight. It's been fun to have them here, and to see my host parents as grandparents :)




2 comments:

  1. What a great place! The backyard is really nice. Do all those dogs run around out there? Lets see a picture of your host family, when you post the picture of the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing where you are living and hearing about your life! Can't wait to hear more about your dart board competitions with Hugo and Paul! Keep those posts coming, we are eating it all up and living vicariously through your every adventure...xoxo

    ReplyDelete